SCRIPTURE READING: Isaiah 4:2-6
釋義: 第四節提到錫安女子, 一方面是連接上段主題女子,但是下文清楚說明, 先知是借喻女子對所有耶路撒冷的以色列人說預言:
INSIGHT: Verse 4 speaks of the women of Zion. On one hand, it ties the main theme of the women from the previous passage, but later on, it clearly states that the prophet is using women as a metaphor to prophesy to all the Israelites who are in Jerusalem:
●到那日(2) — 那日(或那時)是以賽亞書的一個鑰字, 全書出現六十四次, 是指將來世界面對耶和華審判的時候。在本章之前, 先知已經提過好幾次(二11,12,17,20三7,18四1), 一直都是警告或預言以色列人將來要面臨的責罰,這是先知第一次說那日是耶和華施行拯救的恩典。不錯, 耶和華是一位公義的神, 祂絕不以有罪的為無罪, 但是耶和華有憐憫，有恩典，不輕易發怒，且有豐盛的慈愛。他不長久責備，也不永遠懷怒。(詩一○三8-9 ) 因為主耶和華說我指我的永生起誓, 我斷不喜悅惡人死亡惟喜悅惡人轉離所行的道而活(結卅三11) 所以雖然上文耶和華嚴厲責備錫安女子, 預言她們必定受責罰, 但是先在這裡也帶給她們經過管教之後的末日盼望。
IN THAT DAY (v. 2) – That day (or that time) is a key word in the book of Isaiah, it appears 64 times throughout the book. It refers to the future when the world will face judgment from the Lord. In previous chapters (2:11, 12, 17, 20; 3:7, 18; 4:1) the prophet had already mentioned it several times. There has always been a warning or a prophecy about the punishment that the Israelites will face in the future, but this is the first time that the prophet says that that day will be a day when the grace and the salvation of the Lord will take place. It is true that the Lord is a righteous God, He does not leave the guilty unpunished, but the Lord is also compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will He harbor His anger forever. (Psalm 103:8-9) Because the Lord says, “I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live.” (Ezekiel 33:11) The Lord reproves the women of Zion severely in the previous passage, prophesying that they will definitely be punished; but here, the Lord brings them hope in the last days after they had been disciplined.
1.與地的出產同義, 在將來以色列人獲救時, 神會使五穀豐登, 耶和華發生的苗, 必華美尊榮與下句地
2.指猶大的餘民, 因為同節提到以色列逃脫的人, 本節預言神會保守那些敬虔的人.
第三個解釋最合理, 因為本段的主題是講論耶和華將要施行的拯救, 而且以神的華美尊榮比對上文人企圖以外貌裝扮的華美(三16-24)。這裡以賽亞預言神將藉著基督發生救恩。
THE BRANCH OF THE LORD – There are different interpretations:
1. Synonymous to the produce of the land. In the future, when the Israelites are saved, the Lord will make the grain abundant; the phrase: “the Branch of the Lord will be beautiful and glorious”, is similar to the next phrase that says: “the fruit of the land will be the pride and glory”, and goes parallel to it.
2. Refers to the remnant of Judah, because the same verse mentions the survivors of the Israelites; this section prophecies that God will preserve those who are devout.
3. Refers to the offspring of David, the Messiah, because the prophet uses the words: shoot, branch, root, rod, etc. when referring to the Messiah. (2 Samuel 23:3-5, Jeremiah 23:5, 33:15, Zechariah 3:8, 6:12)
The third interpretation is the most reasonable, because the main theme in this section is the salvation that will come from the Lord, and the beauty and glory of God which is far better than the outward appearance of people who try to make themselves look beautiful (3:16-24). Here Isaiah prophesied that salvation would come through Christ.
●救恩的內容 — 救恩被稱為向以色列逃脫的人(得救的人)顯為榮華茂盛, 因為這救恩包括:
THE CONTENT OF SALVATION – This glorious salvation, namely the survivors in Israel (those who are saved), includes:
1. The washing away of the filth of sin (v. 3)
2. Eternal life and names written in the book of life (3)
3. Sanctification (3)
4. God is among His people, above all the congregation (5)
5. God is a shelter and refuge in times of trouble (v. 6)
感謝: 感謝神, 賜給我一個這麼豐盛的救恩, 願意我的親友也早日認識和經歷這救恩.
THANKSGIVING: Thank you Lord for giving me such a rich salvation, I also want my family and friends to know and experience this great salvation soon.
每日讀經 by 洪同勉牧師 Rev. Tommy Hung