PRAYER: Lord, I want to know you more.
SCRIPTURE READING: Amos 9:1-15
釋義: 「這是耶和華說的」這句話在本章出現三次(8,12,15)。耶和華說些什麼? 耶和華在這裏說出以色列將來的遭遇。更重要的, 耶和華說明祂的本性和與以色列的關係。
INSIGHT: The phrase “Says the Lord” appears 3 times in this chapter (v. 8, 12, 15). What is the Lord saying? Here, the Lord speaks about Israel’s future. More importantly, the Lord speaks clearly about His nature and His relationship with Israel.
(1) 無所不在 — 「無一人能逃避，無一人能逃脫。他們雖然挖透陰間，我的手必取出他們來；雖然爬上天去，我必拿下他們來；雖然藏在迦密山頂，我必搜尋，捉出他們來；雖然從我眼前藏在海底，我必命蛇咬他們。」(1~3)這就好像詩人所說: 「我往哪裏去躲避你的靈？我往哪裏逃、躲避你的面？我若升到天上，你在那裏；我若在陰間下榻，你也在那裏。我若展開清晨的翅膀，飛到海極居住，就是在那裏，你的手必引導我；你的右手也必扶持我。我若說：黑暗必定遮蔽我，我周圍的亮光必成為黑夜；黑暗也不能遮蔽我，使你不見」(詩一卅九7~12)。
(1) Omnipresent — “Not one will get away, none will escape. Though they dig down to the depths below, from there my hand will take them; though they climb up to the heavens above, from there I will bring them down; though they hide themselves on the top of Carmel, there I will hunt them down and seize them; though they hide from my eyes at the bottom of the sea, there I will command the serpent to bite them.” (v. 1-3) This is similar to what it says in Psalm 139:7-12: “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, ‘Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,’ even the darkness will not be dark to you.”
(2) 大能的神 — 「主─萬軍之耶和華摸地，地就消化，凡住在地上的都必悲哀。地必全然像尼羅河漲起，如同埃及河落下。那在天上建造樓閣、在地上安定穹蒼、命海水澆在地上的─耶和華是他的名。」(5~6)
(2) Almighty God – “The Lord, the Lord Almighty—He touches the earth and it melts, and all who live in it mourn; the whole land rises like the Nile, then sinks like the river of Egypt; He builds His lofty palace in the heavens and sets its foundationon the earth; He calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out over the face of the land—the Lord is His name. (v. 5-6)
(3) 公義的神 — 神雖然愛以色列, 卻不致情人眼裡出西施那樣完全忽視他們的瑕疵。相反地, 以色列頑梗不肯悔改, 神就說: 「我必出令，將以色列家分散在列國中，好像用篩子篩穀，連一粒也不落在地上。我民中的一切罪人說：災禍必追不上我們，也迎不我們。他們必死在刀下。」(9~10)
(3) Righteous God – Although God loved Israel, and it is said that love is blind, yet God did not ignore her flaws. On the contrary, because of Israel’s stubborn refusal to repent, God said: “I will give the command, and I will shake the people of Israel among all the nations as grain is shaken in a sieve, and not a pebble will reach the ground. All the sinners among my people will die by the sword, all those who say, ‘Disaster will not overtake or meet us.’” (v. 9-10)
(4) 慈悲的神 — 「不將雅各家滅絕淨盡……到那日，我必建立大衛倒塌的帳幕，堵住其中的破口，把那破壞的建立起來，重新修造，像古時一樣，使以色列人得以東所餘剩的和所有稱為我名下的國。此乃行這事的耶和華說的。耶和華說：日子將到，耕種的必接續收割的；踹葡萄的必接續撒種的；大山要滴下甜酒；小山都必流奶。我必使我民以色列被擄的歸回；他們必重修荒廢的城邑居住，栽種葡萄園，喝其中所出的酒，修造果木園，中的果子。我要將他們栽於本地，他們不再從我所賜給他們的地上拔出來。這是耶和華─你的神說的。」(8,11~15)
(4) Merciful God – “I will not totally destroy the descendants of Jacob…In that day I will restore David’s fallen shelter— I will repair its broken walls and restore its ruins—and will rebuild it as it used to be, so that they may possess the remnant of Edom and all the nations that bear my name,” declares the Lord, who will do these things. “The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when the reaper will be overtaken by the plowman and the planter by the one treading grapes. New wine will drip from the mountains and flow from all the hills, and I will bring my people Israel back from exile. “They will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them,” says the Lord your God. (v. 8, 11-15)
by 洪同勉牧師 Rev. Tommy Hung